Practice Social Responsibility for Social Growth.
To maintain a balance between the ecosystem and the economy, individuals and organizations has to practice social responsibility. Social responsibility, sustainability and ethics are closely related. Social responsibility is all about enriching the environment and the society that lives and thrives in the environment.
The 21st century global community should not nor can for the long run tolerate those individuals and businesses that do not practice social responsibility. There will always be a debate whether businesses have an obligation to do good for society or only to do good and maximize the profit for shareholders. For people with reasonable ethics this debate will always be obvious that businesses need to be designed for profit, but not at the cost of society.
How to practice social responsibility?
- By thinking about future generations
- By giving more than you take from society
- By protecting the environment
- By boycotting social harmful companies
- By avoiding engagement in socially harmful acts
- By performing activities that advance social goals
- By pursuing solutions to social problems
- By investing in social innovation & start-up creation
- By adopting a mission to create and sustain social value
Now is the time to support those people and businesses that put people and human values over profit. Social responsibility is the act of doing some deeds that makes the society a better place. if all would give more than they take from society then society would sustainable grow into prosperity.
You should think,and behave as the social responsible role model for a better society.
The Icelandic Start-Up Center is a social responsible business that strives to create new social service for those people and businesses that both wants to grow and give to the society at the same time.